Wow! Where does the time go?? Just realized I haven’t entered a blog post since Christmas! I hope the New Year finds everyone doing well. My year is off to a busy stART. Yes, ART, features front and center in 2019 for this author. I began a new piece in early January and am nearing completion of it. It measures 30 x 40 and is a complex composition featuring several people. Here are some progressive photos of the painting process from beginning to where it is now. It’s been a very challenging piece, but I am pleased with the way it’s progressing. 


In addition to my studio work, I am also teaching a painting class at the Beach Art Center in Indian Rocks Beach, FL. It began in January and continues through the end of March. “Simple Steps to Painting Success” is offered on Thursday mornings from 9am to noon. The course is open to all levels and accepts new students anytime they wish to register. It’s been a delight to work with this enthousiastic and talented group!

Call: 1-727-596-4331 or online at www.beachartcenter
This Saturday, Feb. 9th marks the monthly Second Saturday Artwalk in downtown St. Petersburg, FL.  The Woodfield Gallery will feature a new exhibit entitled “From Realism to the Surreal.” The gallery will be open to the public from 5pm till 9pm. Three of my recent paintings will be on display along with other interesting pieces from gallery artists. Drop by to chat with the artists and enjoy their works, while sipping on some wine! (2253 Central Ave., St. Petersburg, Fl)
Music is an essential part of my studio time. I recently went to a performance by “Pink Martini” at the Mahaffey Center in St. Petersburg. This group features a 15 piece orchestra and a marvelous lead singer named China Forbes. They perform many selections in foreign languages and, being a Francophile, I especially enjoyed the French caberet selections. Check them out if you have the chance. They have become my favorite new group to paint by!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog